Our Project Finance & M&A experience includes:
· Capital markets
· Green bonds
· IPOs – LSE, Nasdaq
· Exit Strategies
· Joint ventures
· Contribution agreements
· Shareholder agreements
· Securities offering documents &and equity take out arrangements
As astute drafters, we adopt a plain English style of drafting, which can be read and understood by non-lawyers. Our corporate and commercial agreements include:
· Real estate transactions
· Land use and entitlements
· environmental permitting
· EPC agreements
· Feedstock or fuel supply agreements
· Offtake agreements
· Credit agreements and security documents.
As part of our corporate work, we advise on a vast array of derivatives and structured products, representing swap dealers, asset managers, financial intermediaries, hedge funds and end-users in respect of transactions ranging from highly structured transactions to more traditional trading or hedging transactions.
In the renewable energy arena, we have represented sponsors, developers, lenders and project companies in both physical and financially settled transactions, often using the ISDA, EEI or NAESB documentation platforms. Many of these transactions hedge the long-term cost of power, project revenue flows and basis risk, whilst others monetize RECs and other environmental attributes.
Underlying most decisions are tax concerns. We provide holistic tax planning via countries in which we are licensed to do so and / or work with other tax advisers depending on the cross – jurisdictional nature of a deal.
Taxation may relate to the overall corporate structure, financing, project development as well as the supply of energy and takes into account not only corporate taxation but relevant subsidies and tax credits as applicable. Some of our work includes:
· Structuring equity investments
· Monetisation of investment tax credits or production tax credits
· Special allocations in partnership arrangements
· Implementing tax advantaged financing and acquisition techniques, sales tax issues,
· Real estate tax issues
· International tax planning.